[Typo3] tt_news link to specific article

Marlies C mc at mcuniverse.com
Sat Dec 10 15:27:50 CET 2005

"Elias Humbolt" <elias at asb-online.at> wrote in message
news:mailman.5848.1134184815.24100.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Can I somehow link to one specific news article?
>
> Assuming all my News items are stored in the list view page, is there a
> way to
> link to a specific one from another page? Is there a way to do so through
> the
> typo3 BE GUI linking tool? Can I therefore use such a link in my
> extensions
> somehow?
>
> --
> elias

Hi Elias,

I asked exactly the same question recently in the tt_news newgroup. Then I
figured out how to do it and then asked if it was the only way to do it and
the answer was yes. So here is how you do it.

Open the news article in a browser window and copy the URL
Then go to the page and add the link to the news article page,

or for a news article to link to another news article:
    create a news article and use External link as the type of news article
and fill in the URL you copied from the original new article and save.

This works, I have done it on a website.

Regards,
Marlies
www.mcuniverse.com
www.enomaly.net