[Typo3] Can somebody PLEASE show me how to get a searchbox

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 17:58:10 CET 2005

That's perfect Peter!

Thank you very much - I'll do some reading and
hopefully that will solve it all (but it would still
be nice to have a complete tutorial right off the bat
.. oh well!).

Take care!
-Scott.

news:mailman.5384.1134090494.24100.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Well I'm just about ready to snap. All I want to
> do is
> > have a search box on every page. That's it.
> > www.typo3.org has it ... how hard can it be? For
> me so
> > far, the answer is, IMPOSSIBLE. Here's what I've
> done
> > (and yes, I've read every manual possible):
> >
> > - Created a page tree like so:
> >   - www.mysite.com (id=276) < this page contains
> my
> > template/TS
> >        - home (id=280)
> >        - about (id=279)
> >        - contact (id=278)
> > - installed indexed_search
> > - added indexed_search plugin to the
> www.mysite.com
> > page
> > - installed macina_searchbox
> > - added to my template file the following:
> >
> > ###searchbox###
> >
> > not
> >
> > <!-- ###searchbox### start -->
> > <!-- ###searchbox### end -->
> >
> > - added to the setup of my typoscript (in
> > www.mystite.com):
> >
> > page.config.index_enable = 1
> > marks.searchbox >
> > marks.searchbox < plugin.tx_macinasearchbox_pi1
> > plugin.tx_macinasearchbox_pi1 {
> > pidSearchpage = 276
> > }
> >
> > The result is:
> >
> > "Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is
> not a
> > valid MySQL result resource in

/home/stormat/public_html/typo/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php