[Typo3] Can somebody PLEASE show me how to get a searchbox

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 17:56:47 CET 2005

Dear Øyvind,

First of all, the was no sarcasm at all. I am very
serious about this issue because it involves a big
project with a deadline. I have no time for sarcasm.
I'm sorry if you interpreted things that way, but you
were mistaken.

Second, if the question "has already been answered
several times", why was I unable to find it anywhere
on the Typo3 site or Google? This is exactly the point
of my original email - everything is "supposed" to be
so easy, and just plug-in to the site, but rarely do
extensions ever work, and I know I'm not the only
person noticing this. On top of that, documentation is
very poor and further, mailing lists seem to reply
with some smart remark rather than help! If there's
documentation, then great! But please, tell me where
it is! I don't mean to sound harsh, but I am very
offended by your reply, and I still am no closer to
having a searchbox on my page. Therefore, I suggest
you follow these guidelines: Read a post at face value
(you can't tell if someone is being sarcastic unless
they say, "*sarcasm*"), and reply if you have a
solution or can direct the person to one.

Thank you,
-Scott.