[Typo3] Can somebody PLEASE show me how to get a searchbox

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 02:08:11 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

Well I'm just about ready to snap. All I want to do is
have a search box on every page. That's it.
www.typo3.org has it ... how hard can it be? For me so
far, the answer is, IMPOSSIBLE. Here's what I've done
(and yes, I've read every manual possible):

- Created a page tree like so:
   - www.mysite.com (id=276) < this page contains my
template/TS
        - home (id=280)
        - about (id=279)
        - contact (id=278)
- installed indexed_search
- added indexed_search plugin to the www.mysite.com
page
- installed macina_searchbox
- added to my template file the following:

###searchbox###

not

<!-- ###searchbox### start -->
<!-- ###searchbox### end -->

- added to the setup of my typoscript (in
www.mystite.com):

page.config.index_enable = 1
marks.searchbox >
marks.searchbox < plugin.tx_macinasearchbox_pi1
plugin.tx_macinasearchbox_pi1 {
	pidSearchpage = 276
}

The result is:

"Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a
valid MySQL result resource in
/home/stormat/public_html/typo/t3lib/class.t3lib_db.php
on line 711"

across the top of the www.mysite.com page, along with
the indxed_search box AND macina_searchbox. Then, on
every subpage, I have a useless macina_searchbox (i.e.
u can type in the input box, but the "submit" buttom
does nothing, nor does "advanced search").

Now that you've seen my mess, let me be brief: I don't
care how, I  just want a searchbox on every page. I
want it just like typo3.org - search on every page,
results in new page. I would be extremely appreciative
if someone could either show me how to do this (or
direct me to a COMPLETE tutorial). I am on an
extremely tight deadline, and this feature is not
supposed to be difficult.

Thank you very much in advance,
-Scott.