[Typo3] Problem with a directory ending with a "."

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Dec 7 18:42:38 CET 2005

Juha Sipinen schrieb am 03.12.2005 00:05:

> I created a directory inside TYPO3 (File -> Filelist), a directory that ends
> with a period (.)
>
> The directory is "Milk_Inc."
>
> Now the problems are:

This is a known bug, already reported here:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1280

A temporary fix in your particular typo3-installation is in my comment
to the bug report.

> 4. I can't remove it with my FTP program because TYPO3 software now owns the
> rights to the "Milk_Inc." directory.

You could have setups where TYPO3 writes files that you can also
manipulate with FTP. Just put your webserver-user (wwwrun) in the same
group as the FTP-user. Then tell TYPO3:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['createGroup'] = '<groupname>';

Also make sure your FTP-server is creating files with umask "002", which
will be writeable by the group.

Cheers,
Ernesto