[Typo3] Break menu with spacer

Martin Seebach martin at biplane.dk
Wed Dec 7 11:05:09 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a pagetree like this:
- Page 1
- Page 2
- (spacer)
- Page 3
- Page 4
- Page 5
- (spacer)
- Page 6
- Page 7

I'd like to render a menu, so it will appear on three lines, seperated
by the spacer-item, and with a | (pipe) between the items:
Page 1 | Page 2 <br />
Page 3 | Page 4 | Page 5 <br />
Page 6 | Page 7 <br />

Now, this TypoScript almost does it:

lib.topmenu = HMENU
lib.topmenu.1 = TMENU
lib.topmenu.1{
NO.linkWrap = &nbsp;&#124; |
SPC = 1
SPC.doNotShowLink = 1
SPC.allWrap = <br />
}

but it (of course) also renders a bar at the end of each line - not what
I want. I tried playing a bit around with the "|*|" syntax, but it only
works across the whole menu, not each line (by the way - where is this
documented? I can't seem to find it..).

Does anybody have a good idea how to do this? TS hack, CSS, anything ..
Although I'd really like to avoid having three menus with .begin
and .maxItems properties, as the end user will expect to be able to add
and remove pages in each section.