[Typo3] Typo3 and remote MSSQL access

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 6 18:58:05 CET 2005

Dan Nguyen wrote:

> Thanks for your time and hints.  It's gonna be a long day for me again.
>
> /DN
>
> Patrick Gaumond wrote:
>
>> Dan Nguyen wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you Patrick.  I'm kind of new to Linux  :-\ .  How do I create
>>> a DSN in Linux?  I'm calling the functions from Typo3 installed in a
>>> Linux box.
>>>

>> Sorry my friend, I don't use Linux... I supposed that there's
>> documentation somewhere on the net about that tough...
>>
>> Maybe you could look at http://www.unixodbc.org/
>>
>> Or what looks like the "official" way: with FreeTDS
>> http://www.freetds.org/
>>
>> Patrick

On Linux (I use RHEL 3), we can use PHP in Typo3 to construct pages
which pull data out of MSSQL 2000.  We use unixodbc and FreeTDS.  By
default, DSNs are defined in /etc/odbc.ini file and drivers are
specified in /etc/odbcinst.ini file.  Server, port and other database
information are stored in /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf.  For more
detailed configuration information, check out their websites respectively.

Bing