[Typo3] Full RTE-support for 'ck_fortune'

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Dec 3 22:00:43 CET 2005

Hi

I installed for random content 'ck_fortune'

I edited TCA in order to support RTE.

But that plugin needs some configuration are changes to the source code

I got this

a) set something like this in your TS:
plugin.tx_ckfortune_pi1.parser.parseFunc < tt_content.text.20.parseFunc

i put inside
plugin.tx_ckfortune_pi1{

10.20.parser.parseFunc < tt_content.text.20.parseFunc

b) hack pi1/class.... (sry for wrapping, adapt this!)
$rte_parsed_content = $this->cObj->stdWrap($your-db-string,
this->conf['parser.']);

That should copy all rte-configs from tt_content to the extension, the
stdWrap-call should use the given config and the string and parse it as
a rte-field.

I didn't understood this.

I tried

case "text":

                     // substitute the text-value with the text from the
db query
                     $this->conf[$plugcnt][$fieldcnt]["type."]["value"]
= $result[$this->conf[$plugcnt][$fieldcnt]["field"]];

                     // wrap and build the text with a typo3 function
                     $output .=
$this->cObj->stdWrap($this->cObj->cObjGetSingle(
$this->conf[$plugcnt][$fieldcnt]["type"],$this->conf[$plugcnt][$fieldcnt]["type."],"cur_text"
),$this->conf['parser.']);
                     break;

But that didn't work. The author is not anymore interested to maintain
the plugin. I would be interested to maintain it and develop it a the
following way

1) Support RTE
     a) TCA-settings to support RTE - done
     b) TS support RTE - failed
     c) changing the core pi1-file  - failed

2) Get rid of using TS for 'datapid' and 'pid', when the plugin has been
used as an ordinary content element; these are used because the plugin
was done before the 'Starting point' was not supported.
If this plugin has been used fixed in template with autoparser or
markers, these might be reasonable but overall it would be niced, if
TS would not be needed at all when using 'ck_fortune' as a replacement
of an ordinary content element.

Could someone help me updating this plugin? It is quite usable with
these changes.

I looked other random contents but In my mind they were not as usable.
If RTE would be properly supported, random contents can be as well done
as ordinary contents.