[Typo3] PHP 4.4.1 issue with install tool and DB compare

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Dec 1 19:44:57 CET 2005

Hi.

I am trying to install TYPO3 3.8.1 on a server with PHP 4.4.1 (and MySQL
4.0.25, IIRC).

This is a ZIP-file install, due to only FTP being available (I hate this,
usually I have shell access on the servers I work with, grr!).

Now when I go to the install tool and say compare in the db analyzer, it
first suggests to set up a few tables; afterwards there are 12 tables in
the db. Hm, some are missing. compare again, now we get the suggestion to
add those tables again and at the *same screen* the suggestion to remove
all those tables... ?!?!?

When trying to import the whole database.sql from the dummy package, it just
says "no tables found". But on compare it at least installs 29 tables. I
cannot login to the BE anyway, though.

I have set up a whole lot of TYPO3 instances so far, and never seen this. So
I suspect this to be caused by the 4.4.1 version of PHP - can anyone
confirm this?

Regards,
Karsten