[Typo3] Diploma-Thesis involving Typo3

Rahul Dewan [Srijan, India] lists at srijan.in
Thu Dec 1 07:56:18 CET 2005

Hi Floyd,

>http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-swot-analysis/

Thanks so much for this post, and this link. Really helpful to us, as
well. We'd probably like to contribute/participate here as well.

>He was interested in using Typo3 as a way for these African communities
>to have a web presence; the plan was for them to be able to choose from
>a series of templates, then post their own content. He also thought it
>was a good way for some of the government organizations to have a web
>presence.

Interesting. We're planning a similar thing for tourism companies in
India; and ofcourse distinguishing between companies who "can" pay, who
"can" pay and do not want to pay, and those who are small and and cannot
pay much. We'll be devising different pricing for companies who can pay
and those who'd rather do well with a very economical option.

The concerns are ofcourse the support that may be required ongoing
basis. I'd like to touch base with the person behind tourismpartners.org
and learn from his past experience.

We've been working with IDRC in India, and have recently proposed a
re-vamp of a website in Laos beloning to the Government. The primary
concern that they express is the very poor connectivity. So, were
exploring options of a CMS (or maybe build an extensionf or Typo3) which
could updated regular news items through email.

>Anyway, you can check out their site here: http://www.tourismpartners.org

Once again thanks for this link. Kofi Anan's quotation there is really
an insight, and motivates us further to move ahead with our plans for
India and also overall Asian region. We may need to have partners in
different regions though.

Warm Regards,
Rahul Dewan

Srijan Technologies Pvt. Ltd.