[Typo3] wiki.typo3.org destroyed?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Wed Aug 31 11:25:45 CEST 2005

>> I believe
>> only a predefined group of people (doc team) should be able to access
>> typo3 wiki.
>
> <rant>
> yes, then we could use a cms to edit the pages! uh oh wait a minute.
> which one? mambo... eh no typo3.
> </rant>
>
> sorry i could not resist. :-)
>
> i never understood why we use a wiki for documenting typo3. :-(

Me too - and this is why I refrained from writing/revising documentation.
We had a long discussion in the documentation NG about this issue last year.
They decided to have a wiki to get more input from the masses without the
need to register as a BE editor.
(I still don't think this was a wise decision but this is how democracy
works ...)

Since it's more than quiet in the NG during the last few months maybe we
could try to raise this issue again ...

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau