[Typo3] How to get rid of the <p> tag wrapping news subheader in tt_news?

Martin Wan mwan at objectivasoftware.com
Wed Aug 31 10:05:30 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I want to customize the tt_news display. I used the following TypoScript to
customize the subheader of news in news list:

plugin.tt_news.displayList {
    time_stdWrap.strftime = %d.%m.%Y
    subheader_stdWrap.crop = 100 | ... | 1
    subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = xxxx
    subheader_stdWrap.wrap = |
}

But in the generated html page, the ###NEWS_SUBHEADER### is always wrapped
by <p class="bodytext"> </p>. The following is the html code generated.

My environment is: typo 3.8, tt_news 2.2.24, table template:
news_template.tmpl.

How can I get rid of the "P" tag around the ###NEWS_SUBHEADER### part? Could
you please give me some hints?

Thanks,

Martin Wan