[Typo3] firefox admin panel

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Aug 30 13:28:54 CEST 2005

Gina Steiner wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>

> hi dmitry,
>
> thanks a lot for your answer.
>
>> My initial assumptions were:
>> - firefox tabs do not share session/cookie information
>> - admin panel simply checks that browser is MSIE and hides itself
>> otherwise
>

> well, with mozilla 1.7.2 it works fine and this browser uses tabbed
> browsing as well. also firefox ist just a "special edition" of
> mozilla... so imho both of your initial assumptions are not really right
> ;-)
>
>> It should not be difficult to investigate it if one have time and
>> knowledge of php. But I would not spend time on it unless this is really
>> needed. this is adminisrator tool and used rarely anyway... Surely can
>> be different for you.
>

> it's used a lot for the frontend editing...
> maybe somebody else has any ideas?
>
> thanks gina

BTW. I have had another problem with the admin panel settings.
You can enable with admin panel individual edit panels for all content
elements.
It is possible to set for them additional button set, an *extra toolbar*
- but nobody has ever gave advice how to setup them - all setup has been
failed (I use it simply commenting the condition, which enables/disables
that toolbar, when it is visible, but this is not the right way to do
that). The extra button set is *very usefull* in frontend editing.