[Typo3] Managing of BE-users by non-admins [was: Re: [Typo3-design] Better working interface for Typo3]

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Aug 29 08:11:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

[taken over from typo3.design]

tapio schrieb:

>>> If the administrator is just maintaining an existing environment
>>> (creating
>>> and managing users, etc.) then problably not.
>

> Administrator of my customers are doing just this.
> I would be a big advance if administrators of my customers would not
> know anything about TS when they want to configure frontend and backend
> interface for users and user groups.

OK, really admins should only be people that know how it works....

There is a ready to run solution for *creating users*

Search for EXT:sys_action and check it out. You need to find a tut/howto
for it. It is capable to allow non-admins to *create*
be-users. If you need more flexibility, adjust it....

personally I just realized I don't have real experience on this matter,
maybe it's a topic for typo3-english|dev?

"Managing of BE-users by non-admins".

Is that topic already covered somehow?

Cheers,
Peter

PLZ stay on typo3-english with replys, thx.
--
Peter Niederlag
http://www.typo3partner.net * professional services network *