[Typo3] Bug 0000416. Typo3 3.6.2 What am I supposed to do?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Aug 27 13:46:13 CEST 2005

mario wrote:

>> After all I think it would be a lot easier to do it the ordinary way:
>> - Install new TYPO3 source (t3lib, tslib, typo3)
>> - Run the database upgrade in the Install Tool
>
> You are right, (of course :-)). I tried to fix things, and it is 99%
> fine. However, aftre I changed the mysql database with the Install Tool,
> i don`t see any more the demo pages which come with testsite 3.8.0. Is
> there a way to retrieve them?

Hmm, strange. Do you see any pages at all or just all but these "demo"
pages?

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr/tgz_distribution/
>>> are somehow obsolete, aren`t they? I did not need to create any
>>> symlinks, they were already there (i am on a Fedora2 linux)
>>
>> Yes they are already there. This is exactly what is written in the
>> document. It's just written to explain how it works.
>
> I was referring to section 3.3 Using the source distribution
> effectively/   What is the point there? (note the misprint, three items
> 1; Is the third item 1. necessary?)

I looked again, you are right. A part of the text is interesting (link to
the same TYPO3 source from all your sites) but the rest is obsolete.

Will you make a suggestion of a new text, please?

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out