[Typo3] Wot, no thumbnails?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 00:20:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 26/08/05, Fred Riley <fred.riley at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

<snip>

This line:

> So I went into the Install Tool to step 3, Image Processing, and ran the reading image formats test. This was ok for the bitmapped formats, but gave errors for PDF and AI. The error info says:

...and this one:

> Could anyone suggest a reason why typo3 isn't picking up IM, and suggest a fix?

...contradict each other. IM is clearly installed and working, or
you'd get NO thumbnails and errors in every one of the Image
Processing tests.

The probelm is with how IM is built on your system _or_ as Chi Hoang
correctly pointed out that your server environment lacks something IM
needs. A glance at the IM website [1] shows that IM needs ghostscript
to cope with PDFs.

-Christopher

[1] http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php