[Typo3] RTE htmlarea - IE crash

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:51:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 26/08/05, Philippe Gagnon <typo3fsaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> We've been using extension rtehtmlarea for some time, and it works
> very well in FireFox.
>
> However, we've been having some problems with this RTE and Internet
> Explorer. Typing text in the editor is slow and seems to "lag". Then
> explorer just freeze, and crash completely moments later.
>
> Did any of you ever experienced this problem? We've tried on a few
> computers and all did the same. Note that the standard RTE disabled.

Sort of a wild guess: do you have multiple windows open in the same
instance of IE (that is, windows created by CTRL+N), where you have
the BE in one window and the FE with editpanells in another?

In this circumstance I've gotten warnings from Mozilla-based browsers
(I don't use IE for anything much but testing) that "A script is
causing this page to run slowly" - and the script in question seems to
be the htmlarea RTE. This doesn't happen every time, so I don't know
precisely how to reproduce it, but it sounds suspiciously similar to
me...

-Christopher