[Typo3] ve_guestbook remove old entries

Arjan Bok arjan.bok at sprookjeswonderland.nl
Fri Aug 26 10:31:45 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:
>>Does anyone know how to easily remove a lot of enties from the
>>guestboek at once. Right now I'm using the trash button in the list
>>view, but when removing hundreds of enties this is very hard to do,
>>also because each time the confirmation dialog shows up.
>>The items are stored in a sysfolder and I would like to be able to
>>remove all items that are older than a certain date.
>

> phpmyadmin ->
>
> DELETE FROM 'tt_guest' WHERE 'crdate' < 123456789;
>
> or this one for wimps ;-)
> will leave the entries in the DB but set them to deleted.
>
> UPDATE `tt_guest` SET `deleted` = '1' WHERE 'crdate' < 123456789;
>
> Be sure to replace 123456789 with the correct tstamp ;-)
>
> Joey

Thank you very much, that works fine.

I've changed 'tt-guest' to `tx_veguestbook_entries` (for modern
guestbook) and added " AND 'pid'= 48 " to make it work only on the items
which are stored in the sysfolder with page id 48.
So for anayone who might find it handy the complet sql statement i'vce
used looks like this:

DELETE FROM `tx_veguestbook_entries` WHERE 'crdate'< 123456789 AND 'pid'
=  48;