[Typo3] tips to build site like http://www.netspirit.ch

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 25 19:26:16 CEST 2005

Hi Jutro,

This one's not too hard - I'll try to break it up into
easy to swallow chunks:

0.) Template - very simple HTML & CSS
1.) Menu - this is a GMENU with custom a font. Just
create the grey box (to use as a background for all
menu items) and then make sure that each menu item
uses the font you want (you can specify the font file
to use with TypoScript)
2.) Top image - the random image is created by using
the ck_fortune extension (one of my personal
favourites!). It's very easy to install and use - just
check the repository for it
3.) Cookie crumbs - I haven't figured out how to do
this yet ... perhaps somebody else out there knows how
... ?
4.) Search - this feature is built into Typo3 already,
so you can just create it as a page element, or use
TypoScript to include it in your template
5.) Contact page - a simple form element (also built
into Typo3)
6.) Archives - I'm working on this one on my own site
and haven't got it locked down yet. (sorry!)

Hopefully this will give you the framework with which
to get the ball rolling.

All the best!
-Scott.