[Typo3] Looking for some functionality : different userlevels, creation of FE-users, different properties

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Aug 25 14:09:08 CEST 2005

W van Bruggen wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've been looking through the extension list for some functionality
> i'd like to have, but i'm not really sure if what i have found is what
> i need. Let me explain the situation in short :
>
> In the situation, schools can become a member of a site on which they
> can publish information. When a school signs on (lets say in this case
> a teacher), it should then be able to create a given amount of
> FE-users for its own group that have less rights than the person that
> has created the group. For example : these created FE-users should
> then be able to make some sort of profile for themselves and
> submitting articles, but only the group owner (teacher) is able to
> administer the users.
>
> This process should be the same for each school that signs on, and
> each school should automatically have an indivual place to store their
> published information.
>
> I found "tkrsignup" - http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/tkrsignup/
> but i'm not sure if this is what i need. Anyone have any ideas on this?

You could use the "FE User Admin" extensions (fe_admin) which comes directly shipped with
T3.

Set it up and let newly created users be in one group (1)

Then you make a TS condition that if the user who creates a new user is already in the
group (1) (which is only the case if he is already logged in and belongs to one of the
"school" groups) then all new users it will create are in some other group (2)

plugin.fe_admin.fe_users.usergroupOverride = 1
[loginGroup = 1]
plugin.fe_admin.fe_users.usergroupOverride = 2
[end]

didn't test it but it should work....

but you should notice that also pupils who have a less equiped account (with less rights)
that they will also be able to sign up as school if you have the sign-up process "open"
(everybody could sign up)

greets,
Bernhard
--