[Typo3] tt_news, 2 languages, one tree

Jan Slusarczyk janslu at grupaiis.pl
Thu Aug 25 13:44:24 CEST 2005

> i've installed tt_news and played around a while with it. it really fits me needs as i hoped....
> there's only one little thing which i wanted to fix: if a news has no corresponding translation it will be shown in the default language. is there any possibility to supress this not translated news?!
> thanx ahead for your suggestions!

Take a look at
   sys_language_mode = strict
option...

One note here is that there is another problem - if you have a one tree
solution and you don't have a default language article but you do have a
translation... This probably needs a workaround. I've done it using a
special category and hiding the category for default language... A bit
tricky but it works (if you don't need categories for something else)...

cheers
Jan