[Typo3] Making extensions, which use XCLASS - some problems

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Aug 25 13:04:34 CEST 2005

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tapio schrieb:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>But I didn't get XCLASS-implementation to work as desired.
>>I need to modify two core files.
>>
>>I tried to overwrite some function with these
>>
>>$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/alt_doc.php"] =
>>t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'class.ux_sc_alt_doc_tm.php';
>>$TYPO3_CONF_VARS["BE"]["XCLASS"]["typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php"]
>>= t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'class.ux_sc_db_layout.php';
>>
>>I have *two* problems:
>>
>>1) 'class.ux_sc_alt_doc_tm.php' caused that 'erotea_date2cal' stopped
>>working. That plugins use also XCLASS and it adds an extension class for
>>the same class. I found that in one installation 'erotea_date2cal'
>>didn't work. Presumably it conflicts with another plugin, which use
>>XCLASS-implementation.
>

> It's sad but true. XCLASS only "works for one" unless u XCLASS the other
> XCLASS and the other XCLASS has provided for this.

Thank's for this replay. I thought before your replay that also that
this is the only explanation. I could try to solve this problem with
*my* extension setting that 'erotea_date2cal' is required and then
making XCLASS for 'erotea_date2cal'

But that presumably doesn't help.

The name of the XCLASS must be 'ux_SC_alt_doc'

class ux_SC_alt_doc extends ux_SC_alt_doc {

might not work?

and

class ux_SC_alt_doc_2 extends ux_SC_alt_doc {
function makeButtonPanel()	{...}

}

would not work - I tested

class ux_SC_alt_doc_tm extends SC_alt_doc {
function makeButtonPanel()	{...}
}

The original version of 'makeButtonPanel()' was used.

I can't newer solve this problem with other extensions, which extend
'alt_doc.php'. I don't have even any glue, which plugin caused
'erotea_date2cal' stopped working.