[Typo3] Move site to server

Christian Tauscher Christian.Tauscher at freenet.de
Wed Aug 24 15:29:49 CEST 2005

...forgot to mention...

> there a good way to import/export the database inside typo3? I've been
> looking for documentation on this but havn't found any, isn't this a common

The Import/Export feature has grown in V3.8

If you study all the features in the BE you might think you can move an
Exportfile to your new Wesite since even fileadmin an EXT files are
supported throu this funktion.

These export-Files are quite handy for making updates, but to move a
whole site in one try you will fail 'cause of php's max_execution_time.

This value ist normally set to something like 30 secounds, which is
toooooooooo short for importing a whole site at once (of cource depends
on the amount of pages).

But give it a try! Is is a very powerful feature, especially the option
"force uid". But be carefully whit this option! Might destroy your site
if you realy don't know what you are doing!

The safer way is the first I descriped.

Christian.