[Typo3] Move site to server

Christian Tauscher Christian.Tauscher at freenet.de
Wed Aug 24 15:17:42 CEST 2005

Hi Henrik!

> I've been working with my typo3-site on a local machine and now I want to
> move it to a live server. What files and folders do I need to copy and is

1.) Goto the install-tool/Database->Compare
     Remove all unused Tables
2.) clear all Cache

These two steps are not too important, but will keep the SQL-Dump small.

3.) Goto phpMyAdmin and make a dump of the whole database.
4.) via ftp move this Folders to your Server:
     fileadmin,
     typo3temp,
     uploads,
     typo3conf (attention! localconf.php might be the only
     file that is server-Specific! Make sure IM Path and Database is
     correctly setup after upload. Check installtool akain after upload!)
5.) to give RW-Permissions back to apache via chown. As it is very
     unlikly you have access throug ssh set at least all permissions to
     777 via your ftp-client (I recomment filezilla from sourceforge.net)
6.) login to your BE and import the SQL-Dump.
7.) Check BE for missing Extentions, clear all cache and be happy!

Christian.