[Typo3] Configuration of cronjob for direct mail module

Rik Hoevers rik at netcreators.nl
Tue Aug 23 13:38:50 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using the Direct Mail module and succeded in configuring most of it.
Now when I try to send a real-world newsletter (by hand, in the TYPO3
backend), I get a php-timeout... because there's to much mails in the
real world apparently. The solution to this seems to be to configure a
cronjob and leave the actual sending of the mails to this job.

It is fairly simple to specify the supplied php script
(dmailerd.phpcron) in the crontab of root, but I run into problems when
I try to run this script manually from the commandline. The script seems
to try to get the current directory from the webserver
($HTTP_ENV_VARS["_"]) and of course that doesn't work.

But even when I specify this path via the commandline (and a small hack
to the script: $dir = $argv[1];), this doesn't work. Now I get the
following error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  t3lib_cs in
/home/httpd/typo3_src-3.7.0/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 3230

This is beyond my php-hacking skills... Also, I have the feeling that
somehow I don't use the script the way it's meant to be used.

Last but not least, I couldn't find any documentation or discussion
about this, which brings me to my final remark:

Any Suggestions Anyone?!?

:-) TIA

Rik
Netcreators