[Typo3] Direct Mail won't compile newsletter

Dieter Mayer dieter_mayer at gmx.net
Tue Aug 23 11:38:39 CEST 2005

Hiya all,

strange problem with direct mail:

I have 3 linux servers (2x suse 9.2, 1x suse 9.3)
I'm quite sure, they are installed identical with the same modules,
programs, libraries & rights (never say never, I know...).

On one machine the generation of newsletters (newsletters -> select a
newsletter -> Create new direct mail based on this page -> fetch and
compile mail data) works perfect, but on the two other machines not. I
initiate the process, and then happens nothing, only the sleeping cursor
apperars. I can wait for hours, but the compilation never finishes.

I'm using XAMPP and copied the whole /opt/lampp/-directory with the
corresponding rights/flags from the working server to the other machines
(with XAMPP the whole installation/site resides under /opt/lampp/). I've
copied the working installation several times to the two other machines,
just to validate this effect. Always same result, nothing more happens.

So, does anybody know something about this effect? Am I missing modules,
libraries etc.? Do I need special rights on a directory outside my
/opt/lampp/htdocs/? Ownership of files/directories? I ran out of ideas...

Every help is appreciated, Thanks
Dieter