[Typo3] Again: How to create my static menu?

Martin Wan mwan at objectivasoftware.com
Mon Aug 22 13:50:50 CEST 2005

>hi martin,
>
>> I am facing to build a static menu like the below:
>>
>> START              (level 1)
>> CUMMUNITY          (level 1)
>>     FORUM              (level 2)
>>     PRIVATE            (level 2)
>> FACTS              (level 1)
>>     NEWS               (level 2)
>>     BASICS             (level 2)
>>     TEST               (level 2)
>> The view of the menu "START" is the home page view.
>> The other level-1 menus have no links and views.
>> All level-2 menus have themselves views.
>>
>> And the menu tree is static not dynamic. Only when user clicks a
sub-menu,
>> the sub-menu should show different background picture.
>
>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/HMENU-1/
>
>userfunction is your key.
>
>hth alex

Hi all,

I tried to use the guide
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsref/HMENU-1/
(Example: Creating hierarchical menus of custom links) to create my
customized menu, but failed. I mapped the menu DS and marked the menu as a
"Typoscript Object Path", and added the typoscript code in the setup field
of the website template. I don't know what's the object name I should use.

In this example, the object name is:
# ************************
# MENU LEFT
lib.leftmenu.20 = HMENU
lib.leftmenu.20.special = userfunction
lib.leftmenu.20.special.userFunc = user_3dsplm_pi2->makeMenuArray
lib.leftmenu.20.1 = GMENU

I used the "lib.leftmenu" or "lib.leftmenu.20" to replace the "lib.object"
of the field_menu in the main template, none of them can show the menu.
Could anyone please give me some hints? Thanks in advance.

Martin Wan.