[Typo3] Disable caching only for an extension, but the rest of the page should be cached

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Mon Aug 22 10:54:12 CEST 2005

Matthias Taugwalder wrote:
> Good evening
>
> On a webpage I saw way with which you can disable the caching in the
> extension's code by calling
> 	$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->set_no_cache()
>
> What if this function is called although I set config.no_cache = 1 in my
> template? Does Typo3 recognize that it should only not cache the extension's
> contents or is the whole page not cached?
>
> Does this procedure with set_no_cache() have any disadvantages?
>
> Thanks for any experiences or hints in advance.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Matthias Taugwalder
>
> ---
> Matthias Taugwalder
> matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch

Hallo Matthias,

pls have a look at http://www.4many.net/macina_banners.html
We could increase performance replacing all set_no_cache code and still
getting content (banners) intergrated dynamically. Just have a look at
the code. It might answer your question.

I've not, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Regs. Peter.