[Typo3] changing tt_news template

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 07:43:43 CEST 2005

Hi again,

On 20/08/05, Michael Baker <mbaker at pobox.com> wrote:
> Thanks, that worked.  How do I suggest an improvement to the
> news_template.tmpl so that it produces valid XHTML?
>
> Michael.
>
> Christopher wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On 20/08/05, Michael Baker <mbaker at pobox.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Is there any way using typo3 that I can change the tt_news template
> >>located at /typo3_src-3.6.2/typo3/ext/tt_news/pi/news_template.tmpl? ...
> >>

> >Put it somewhere else :-)
> >
> >Seriously, you _have to_ do this if you're going to change files,
> >Check the TS Object Browser in the Template module ... expand the nodes in
> >the tree called 'plugin' and 'tt_news' and start checking the
> >properties ... Christopher
> >
> >[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63/#oodoc_part_6609

Well, you'd contact the extension's author/maintainer. But before you
do that, I refer you back to the same page in the manual. Under the
section headed 'Files', you'll notice that the extension ships with
TWO html templates. The following explanations are given:

pi/news_template.tmpl: The table-based tt_news template file.
pi/tt_news_v2_template.html: The new CSS based html-template

-Christopher