[Typo3] changing tt_news template

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 05:13:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 20/08/05, Michael Baker <mbaker at pobox.com> wrote:
> Is there any way using typo3 that I can change the tt_news template
> located at /typo3_src-3.6.2/typo3/ext/tt_news/pi/news_template.tmpl?
>
> I've tried to ftp a new version but I don't have write permission.
>
> Michael.
>
> PS some background I'm creating a website for disabled users.  It is
> important that it be standards compliant.  I need to replace
> news_template.tmpl with an xhtml transitional compliant file.  I've made
> a copy of news_template.tmpl that is compliant but now need to upload it.

Put it somewhere else :-)

Seriously, you _have to_ do this if you're going to change files,
because otherwise your changed files will be overwritten when you
update the extension. You will find that both the flexform in the
plugin record, and the extension's default Typoscript provide methods
for you to specify template files other than the default.

Check the TS Object Browser in the Template module (you may need to
install the TSob if you're using Typo3 3.8). Just expand the nodes in
the tree called 'plugin' and 'tt_news' and start checking the
properties - it might take a while to find the template item, but
you'll learn a LOT about how the extension's TS works. You can also
find explanations of TS properties in the (very complete) tt_news
documentation [1].

Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63/#oodoc_part_6609