[Typo3] To create a frontend plugin

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Aug 19 20:01:28 CEST 2005

Farhdine Boutzakhti wrote:
> tapio wrote:
>
>> Farhdine Boutzakhti wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to know if it is possible to create an extension
>>> to add a new content element but to have the form in the same
>>> page without create a new record.
>>>
>>> - I have create a frontend plugin with the Kickstarter Wizard.
>>> - I have create fields for this content element.
>>>
>>> -> What I want is to fill this fields in the page where I choose
>>> the name of the plugin without create a new record.
>>> It is possible ?
>>

>> If you create to a page some content you must create records.
>> Absurd idea.
>

> Why absurd ??!!
> I think you don't have understand me :)
> When you create a content element named "Regular text element",
> you can fill directly the text without create any record !
> That's what I want to do.

In the standard page module the 'Quick Edit' mode behaves this way.
If you create in this mode a new page, it offers automatic this
content type and you don't need to select it.
When you save it, you save a new content element record.
But AFAIK this works only in the standard page module with 'Quick Edit'
mode.
If you have set 'Save and New' and click that button you get automatic a
new record without the need to select any. That button can bet set for
any record.
The easiest way to setup 'Save and New' is to install a plugin but it
is relative easy to setup this manually directly to localconf.php or
into some ext_localconf.php or TS setup of the site.
Have I now understand you correctly.