[Typo3] Static Document Confusion

cbc2 cbc2 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 17:40:08 CEST 2005

Hi list

I have three .htaccess files going on in my website and I am totally confused.  I have been searching out every discussion and tried it all.  Static Documents is not working for me yet.

Here is what I have done.  I followed the directions at mcuniverse.com first:

1.  I renamed every _.htaccess file on my website to .htaccess (my software was installed by fantastico on my server website).  I couldn’t find a _.htaccess file indicated by the example on mcuniverse, so I found all of them and renamed all of them.

2. I went to “All Configuration” within the install tool of my typo3 BE and checked SimulateStaticDocuments + was able to write to localconf.php as directed.

3.  Code placed in TS of my template:

	config.simulateStaticDocuments = 1
   	config.simualteStaticDocuments_addTitle = 30

This was unsuccessful, so I continued with suggestions to add:

4.  config.simulateStaticDocuments = PATH_INFO
5.  config.absRefPrefix = http://www.christiancovenant.org/

Still no success
 so I continued with the tips from Jochen Weiland’s tutorial and added:

6.  to all 3 .htaccess files:

	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteBase/abundant-living/typo3
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule ^typo3$ typo3/index_re.php
	RewriteRule ^[^/]*\.html$  /index.php

Still no success.

I have added “alias” to the pages, but something is not right.

I can’t find any server file called httpd.conf so I don’t know how to change that to reflect “AllowOverride All”.

My three .httaccess files are located inside :
1.  public_html folder
2.  inside my typo3 folder (abundant-living)
3.  inside /abundant-living/typo3_src/misc/.htaccess (this file was originally called mod_rewrite.htaccess).  I have added the above information to my “public_html” .htaccess file along with the info that is already in that file.

I am using Windows. I will also be redirecting my traffic from my main web site page to the Typo3 directory.

Right now here is an example of what I am getting and what it should look like:

This is what I am getting:
http://christiancovenant.org/abundant-living/index.php?id=8
This is what it should look like:
http://christiancovenant.org/abundant-living/salvation.html

This page is not the “index” or home page.

I have tried every suggestion on the forum.  My concern is that I am overlapping suggestions and it is just confusing the whole situation.  I have thought about using the realURL extension, but without specific instructions and all the problems shared on the forum, I thought this might be more simple.  :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I think I have probably messed up my .htaccess files somehow, but haven't a clue!  It's probably not normal for 3 files to house the same info.

- cbc2