[Typo3] Templavoila UTF-8 file causes warnings

Pierre Rossel typo3-l at prossel.com
Fri Aug 19 17:09:12 CEST 2005

Hi list

I want to report a problem, with a solution. I don't know if it is a bug or a feature, but in case it happens to you you will know what to do.

Using Typo3 3.8.0 with TemplaVoila 0.4.0 on Windows XP, Apache 2, PHP 4.4.0 without output buffering, I got a serie of warning when using the Templavoila page module:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wwwroot\typo3conf\ext\templavoila\mod1\index.php:1) in E:\wwwroot\typo3\t3lib\class.t3lib_userauth.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wwwroot\typo3conf\ext\templavoila\mod1\index.php:1) in E:\wwwroot\typo3\t3lib\class.t3lib_userauth.php on line 293

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wwwroot\typo3conf\ext\templavoila\mod1\index.php:1) in E:\wwwroot\typo3\t3lib\class.t3lib_userauth.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wwwroot\typo3conf\ext\templavoila\mod1\index.php:1) in E:\wwwroot\typo3\t3lib\class.t3lib_userauth.php on line 295

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at E:\wwwroot\typo3conf\ext\templavoila\mod1\index.php:1) in E:\wwwroot\typo3\template.php on line 601

It turns out that the problematic templavoila file is an UTF-8 formatted file. By simply saving it to ASCII format, I got rid of the warnings.

- Pierre Rossel (prossel)