[Typo3] TIMTAW and $GLOBALS['BE_USER']

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Aug 18 22:09:32 CEST 2005

>>What were the issues with TemplaVoila before?
>

> Hmmm, I don´t remember exactly but maybe nothing has changed
> even though I fixed the bug like you suggested...  :-(

I'm guessing the TemplaVoila/TIMTAW problems are probably the same
issues with frontend editing on any TemplaVoila site.  Some of the basic
functionality works but other parts do not.  I think a fix for this is
planned for TemplaVoila 1.0 in the December timeframe.

> Now I get the TimTaw edit icon to show up when logged in, but
> when clicking on that icon nothing happens.

This sounds like what was happening to me before I applied the be_acl
patch.

It might be worthwhile to create a backend user assigned to your TIMTAW
group and see if standard frontend editing works for that user.  That
would at least determine whether the problem is with TIMTAW or on the
permissions side of things.