[Typo3] Disable "Delete" for Records in Backend?

redacted user t.keller at itcampus.de
Thu Aug 18 18:37:07 CEST 2005

Peter Klein schrieb:
> It should be placed in the USER TSConfig..
> Edit one of your BACKEND users (or group) and paste the code into the
> "TSConfig" field.
> The settings you set here affects only that user (or group)

Hrm, I disabled it globally through an ext_localconf.php entry:

t3lib_extMgm::addUserTSConfig('
    options.disableDelete.tx_interportsharborprofile_hafen=1
    options.disableDelete.tx_interportsharborprofile_flaechennutzung=1
    options.disableDelete.tx_interportsharborprofile_umschlag=1
');

Problem was that context menu's and control areas (the stuff which can
be displayed right beside record entries in a record list) didn't use
that value as well, but after I hacked that into the original code this
works now fine, too.

I'm watching myself diving even deeper into the Typo3 code than I ever
wanted, but there seems to be no other choice.
I recently managed to run the whole backend of Typo3 in utf8 mode. A
forceCharset setting isn't enough there, no, you need to set the default
charset to utf-8 as well (lang.php) AND set the default charset of any
desired backend language to utf-8 (class.t3lib_cs.php) AND convert all
extensions using the old locallang* files to utf-8 (previous windows-1252).

Thomas.

--
itCampus Software- und Systemhaus GmbH
Leipzig - Halle - Wittenberg