[Typo3] Chars in record fields are truncated in backend forms

redacted user t.keller at itcampus.de
Thu Aug 18 11:45:32 CEST 2005

redacted user schrieb:
> As I mentioned, this is set to "1". Setting this to "2" brings up the
> same error. Again, I'm looking for a way to disable this behaviour in
> Typo3 since the DB already fully supports unicode and no byte-doubling
> is needing on Typo3's side.

I fixed it myself by patching class.t3lib_tcemain.php. The patch is
attached. The problem was that for input fields a substr() call was made
to match the desired "max" amount of chars. Unfortunately substr() is
not multibyte safe so it truncates more letters than it should.
The original code already mentioned this problem, but didn't do anything
about that, I could not even find a FIXME or else tag in there. Well,
thanks to Zend Studio after 4 hours of debugging I was able to find the
code place.

Thomas.

--
itCampus Software- und Systemhaus GmbH