[Typo3] center image WONT work in Firefox Typo3.8

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Aug 17 10:19:02 CEST 2005

Michael Karrer wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> in standard text with image content elements center image wont work any
> more in firefox. I think its a firefox error because the
> style"text-align: center;" tag is there but firefox ignores this css tag
> for images!!!

Firefox behaves CORRECTLY! Image is an inline level element, which
should NOT take account this style definition! It is a bug if that works
as such.

text-align:center should work ONLY with block-level elements in CSS2 or
for also inline-block-level elements according to CSS3. Unfortunately
Firefox doesn't support (at least the version, which I have used)
display:inline-block.

>It works if there is a Div or p tag or something but not
> with an img tag.

CORRECT! This is absolute correct behavior!

> In IE the same tag works just like it should

Then IE works buggy - it should NOT work according to CSS2!

> something here or is this a bug of Firefox.

no bug in Firefox - just buggy behavior in IE, which you thinkt to be
the correct behavior!