[Typo3] Problem accessing BE using IE

Christophe Urra typo3 at urra.de
Tue Aug 16 20:56:36 CEST 2005

Sandy Matheson schrieb:
> I am having problems accessing the BE of one of my sites using
> Internet Explorer. This started a week or so ago and is proving very
> annoying.
>
> The site is using 3.7.0 and no significant changes were being made to
> the site when the problem happened. I can access the site in Firefox
> with no problems, but the RTE won't work in Firefox and I haven't got
> round to looking at the alternatives yet.
I am having exactly the same problem (also these hangups in IE only,
Firefox works fine) since I upgraded recently from 3.6.1 to 3.8.0. But
on the same day I installed the rtehtmlarea extension as well. (to use
it for Firefox).

I try now to disable the rtehtmelarea extension and see what happens.

> I can log in OK, but when I choose any of the options in the left
> column I get an Internet Explorer error in the right hand side of the
> page saying "The page cannot be displayed"
Most of the time this happens very often, but sometimes (if you are very
fast) you can manage to work for 15 minutes...

> I am using IE6 on a PC running XP SP2.
Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
OS: also XP SP2

regards,
chris