[Typo3] rtehtmlarea cite tags

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Tue Aug 16 13:26:46 CEST 2005

Hello Matt,

> I have some <cite> tags in our html code that seem to get translated into
> &gt;cite&lt; when the final html rendering is done.  They still appear as
> <cite> in rtehtmlarea, but just change when rendered.  Any clues?  I've
> tried adding it to the template constants like you do with acronym, but to
> no avail so far...

Background: some tags are "filtered" out by the parsefunc of TYPO3.

Solution: Add "cite" to the allowTags-Parameter of the parsefunc.

Example:
text.20.parseFunc.allowTags = cite,...

Mostly, there is a constant for it in the CONSTANTS field of your static
template. Have a look in the TS-Object-Browser and template-analyser to
see which tags are allowed by default and to add your own tags.

Hope that helps,

Christian