[Typo3] Imrpoved version of excellent macina_banners: 50% - 70% faster!

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 15 22:40:10 CEST 2005

Peter Russ wrote:
> tapio wrote:
>
>> You don't seem to understand that the original Macina banner
> Get your solution by yourself as on our sites macina_banners NEVER
> changed images, but we DON't understand.

This is strange. It should not touch images if maximum width value has
not changed

>> I didn't get comment to the link target issue.
>> I tried to use internal links and that's why I set links for banners
>> '_self'. But hardcoded "_blank" ignored it. Endeed I can hardcode it
>> '_self' this is not a good solution, because sometimes it would be
>> nice to use internal links and sometimes links to other sites.

> Have alook at the code and understand:
> internal links are handle by TYPO3:
>     $pos = strpos ($link, "http://");
>     if ($pos === false) {
> So it's up to you to "target" them.
> Got IT.

Ok. I set an internal link like an external link by setting a link
target '_self'.
In this case it used hardcoded target from here:

	else {
	$wrappedSubpartArray['###bannerlink###'] = array('<a
href="'.$this->siteRelPath.'pi1/class.tx_macinabanners_launchpage.php?uid='
. $row['uid'] . '&link=' . $link . '" target="_blank">', '</a>');

I just wonder why the target is hardcoded?