[Typo3] Setup admin panel related edit panels

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 15 11:13:35 CEST 2005

Troels Kjær Rasmussen wrote:
> 1. First of all to answer your question....
>
> styles.content.editPanelPage = COA
> styles.content.editPanelPage {
>   10 = EDITPANEL //THIS MUST BE CAPITALIZED

> This brings up the editpanel for the page.

Well if I setup admPanel I get automatic editpanels for
each content element. The problem is that I didn't get them setup.
I have tried that kind of code above (EDITPANEL is capitalized) - no effect.

> team comes around to FE editing as a part of the usability project (after
> v4.0 I think) if you are not able to code the thing itself (...and in that
> regard, modifying the corefiles would be the wrong way

If I have found problems, which I can't solve with setup I have modified
core files. I know that it is quite a bad solution, but better than nothing.

 >extending the sourcecode via ux_classes would be the right way...)

I don't know that method.

> fullbread enterprise-level system. The question is maybe more, wether you
> are able to handle enterprise-level or maybe should go check out systems
> such as webGUI or Mambo which have a less steeper learningcurve and are much

I like the template system - and I can really use it - it is not nice
that you doubt my skill at THAT much! This is insulting from you - why
to be so nasty!

> more accessible for intermediate users/sites?

Mambo more accessible for intermediate users?
I regard it quite complexn with separate category, page and navigation
definitions.
Drag'n drop page is fine - lacking from many CMS.

Anyway I have configured Typo3 quite a lite version.
Mostly using default options and adding much classes rest with CSS.
I just made it more configurable but sometimes editing core files.