[Typo3] problems with lastupdate extension

Peter Förger p.foerger at vke-design.de
Mon Aug 15 07:22:04 CEST 2005

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Nagl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What has happend to the lastupdate extension??

Since Version 3.0 (3.1.5 is highly recommended) localized versions are
supported. A record in the GRSP is essential for the EXT to work. Look at:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/lastupdate/New_Concept_The_Ge-1/

> I used it for some time in a larger project to display the date of the last change and the person that has commited it. now I am upgrading to typo3 3.8 and experiencing major trouble:
>
> a) the author is no more displayed. The table where the old lastupdated saved the author-info has been removed. in the source I saw that the author-field in the page-table should be used but this field is empty for alle pages and I found no solution to fill it automatically.
The 'old' (what version?) lastupdate didn't store anything in a table.
Querying existing tables is all it does.
The author name ever since is taken from the BEuser table. Using the
page author instead is an option configurable in the plugin.

> b) every page-call creates extremely large database-load. extremely high means that after more than a minute of 100% mysql-cpu-load nothings happened at all. it seems that the mysql load is created by selects that query the sys_stat table.

It is recommended to upgrade to 3.1.5. where a bug was fixed that caused
an infinite loop if the syslog doesn't contain any information (clean
install) about the page.

regards,
Peter