[Typo3] Typo 3.8 password error again

Sean Ellis sellis at telus.net
Sun Aug 14 21:44:44 CEST 2005

hanrai wrote:

>> Your login attempt did not succeed. Make sure to spell your username and
>> password correctly, including upper/lowercase characters.
>>

>> This is a new installed Typo3 3.8.0 with 1-2-3 steps wizard.
>> Browser setting is right, I even tried 4 different browser:
>> IE,FireFox,Opera,Netscape.
>> What I input is right, I even input them in notepad, then checked and
>> copy/paste into login box.
>> I had cleaned the cache and cookies of every browser.
>> I had changed IP
>> I had rebooted my computer
>> I had recreated the entire database with database.sql file.
>> And I also checked the be_users record, it is right:
>> 1,0,1045429637,'admin','5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99',1,'',0,0,0,'','','',0,1045429637,0,'','','','',7,'',0,'',0,0,'','',0
>>
>> And of course, I can access the database with phpMyAdmin
>> I tried to repare, optimize the database
>> The username and password for MySql server is right
>>
>> But the problem is still there.

Hello Hanrai,

I had the same problem not too long ago.

I can only tell you that the issue cleared up after I changed the
httpd.conf file. I wanted to eliminate some questions that I had with
virtual hosts, and after I reverted to a very basic apache config file
my problem departed.

My situation had it's own particular details, and I can't say exactly
what was causing the problem, but perhaps this might provide some clue,

cheers,

Sean