[Typo3] Imrpoved version of excellent macina_banners: 50% - 70% faster!

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Aug 13 08:10:54 CEST 2005

Peter Russ wrote:
> tapio wrote:
>
>> Peter Russ wrote:
>>
>>> Extended macina_banners in that way, that additional any file content
>>> can be included. This is helpful if the banner content is generated
>>> dynamically.
>>>
>>> Improved it for about 50%-70% by eleminating set_no_cache for
>>> mode=random setting USER to USER_INT dynamically.
>>>
>>> To download refer to http://www.4many.net/macina_banners.html
>>>
>>> Regs. Peter.
>>

>> I have some comments to that plugin
>>
>> 1) link target is HARDCODED - I try to set '_self' - ignored
>>
>> 2) images went through ImageMacick even if I didn't change dimensions
>
> Thanks tapio,
>
> I always highly appreciate your input.

Thank's
>Pls try the link targets at mentioned URL

even if it has the same version number, it is modified version, if
I download it from your site

>Also your commnet about images is NOT correct.

You don't seem to understand that the original Macina banner
really used always ImageMagick at least with images, which
I used. I didn't touch the max-width value (I left it '0'). I asked from
the author - he said that with this setting the plugin should not use
ImageMagick - but it used anyway and images were totally useless after
ImageMagick treatment. That's why in one site I must use another banner
manager.

I didn't get comment to the link target issue.
I tried to use internal links and that's why I set links for banners
'_self'. But hardcoded "_blank" ignored it. Endeed I can hardcode it
'_self' this is not a good solution, because sometimes it would be
nice to use internal links and sometimes links to other sites.