[Typo3] "template on next level" makes HMENU disappear?

Brice Ruth bdruth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 23:07:17 CEST 2005

Good morning,

In an effort to get around a problem I was having with a conditional, I ran
into another problem with using the recommended "basis template" and
"template on next level" setup. I have a SysFolder, Templates, which contain
two templates, home and sub template.

Templates
| - > home
| - > sub template

The "Templates" folder is at the same level as this site's "home" page, all
other pages in the site are below this "home" page.

home
| - > About Us
| - > The Race
| - > ...
Templates
| - > home
| - > sub template

So, on the "home" page, the template merely has "home" as the basis template
and "sub template" as the "Template on next level". The home page works
fabulously.

The sub pages, however, such as "About Us" - seem to render the template and
such correctly ... and HMENUs that use the special list function work fine,
but the default HMENU that drives the main navigation is just blank.

snippet.mainNavigation = COA
snippet.mainNavigation {
10 = HMENU
10.entryLevel = 0
10.1 = TMENU
10.1.maxItems = 5
10.1.expAll = 1
10.1.wrap = <ul class="main">|</ul>
10.1{
noBlur = 1
NO {
}
}
10.2 = TMENU
10.2.expAll = 1
10.2.wrap = <ul>|</ul>
10.2 {
noBlur = 1
NO{
wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
}
}
}

The HMENU/TMENU is not overly complex, really. The entryLevel is 0, as it
should be, I believe. I'm using css_styled_content, so this
snippet.mainNavigation is fed into subparts.nav.

subparts.nav < snippet.mainNavigation

and that's it. Pretty simple and straightforward - everything works on the
home page, using only the basis template, but this menu doesn't work on the
sub pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. the "sub template" merely has one line of TS in the setup field, and it
has the "home" template defined as the basis template:

page.10.subparts.blockLinks.20.1.NO.altImgResource = ...

--
Brice Ruth
Software Engineer, Madison WI