[Typo3] Synchronising a TYPO3 installation

Rik Hoevers rik at netcreators.nl
Fri Aug 12 14:26:12 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new member on this list, at the moment I'm starting as a TYPO3
developer at Netcreators in Holland. My main expertise is in Perl and
mod_perl but now I'll become a TYPO3 extension programmer as well. :-)
Hi again...

At the moment I have the following issue: A customer needs / wants a
setup with 2 separate TYPO3 installations, one inside and one outside of
a firewall. Editors only have access to the one inside the firewall, and
visitors only to the one outside.

I'll be developing some arangement to synchronise these two
installations, probably using the 'tstamp' field in the TYPO3 tables. My
idea is to write a simple script for this and run this as a cronjob.

This isn't to big a deal, but since I don't like to reinvent the wheel
I'd like to ask if one of you has already done something like this.

Thanks for your feedback!

Rik