[Typo3] tt_news showing no caption for the image

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Fri Aug 12 10:51:59 CEST 2005

Hi Reena,

reena wrote:
> I have implemented tt_news for my site. There is an option of adding
> caption in the image from the BE but it is not visible in the frontend.
> I checked the tt_news template file but I found no marker for "caption".
> Could anybody help me out how to show the image caption in the frontend.

the caption has no template marker because it's rendered directly with the
image(s).
In List and Latest view the caption is disabled by this TS line:

plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.caption_stdWrap.if.directReturn = 0

so something like:

plugin.tt_news.displayList {
  caption_stdWrap >
  caption_stdWrap.wrap = <p class="news-list-imgcaption"> | </p>
}

should do what you want.

greets
rupi