[Typo3] automatic hiding of 3rd column if empty (templavoila)

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:19:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 11/08/05, Matthias Nagl <mnagl at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Ries
>
> You may view the testpage on www.sziegler.de. The right column is wraped with a <div<-tag and there is where the problem begins. I found
> a) no solution to wrap the content output only if it is not empty (the div-wrap should disappear if the right col is empty)
> b) it is necessary to set the margin-right of the middle-column to 10px instead of 210px - not possible without right-col-empty condition
> c) a) could be replaced with a diplay: none; CSS, but if a) and b) are impossible conditional inserting of such a CSS-command is also impossible.

Just to clarify, as I mentioned, RECORDS.source has stdWrap properties
(I don't just mean 'wrap'!); these include .if [1]. Did you try
anything with that property? Secondly (and in much the same
direction), what happens if you replace the RECORDS object with a COA
and use 'if' to render it differently if it's empty?

5 = COA
5 {
  10 = RECORDS
  10.source.current=1