[Typo3] TV: separate print and text-only views

Paul Vetch paul at qedstudio.com
Thu Aug 11 10:21:37 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I have several sites up and running now in Typo 3.7 and 3.8 using TV, and
I've been using a subtemplate for the print version which works well.  But I
also want to be able to offer a 'text-only' version for accessibility
reasons (the difference will be that the text-only version will include
navigation, plus some cosmetic differences), and I want to achieve this
using another subtemplate (I know I could partially achieve this using
stylesheet switching, but a server side solution with templates is far more
elegant, flexible and reusable).

Question is: how can I set up TV to use an additional render type with a
parameter like 'textonly=1', say, to call another subtemplate?

It seems easy enough to hack the code to add more rendertypes, but the
'print' type is evidently hardcoded into TV.

Has anyone done this?

Best

Paul Vetch