[Typo3] why Internet Explorer show contents like this?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:25:27 CEST 2005

Our typo3 site was just upgraded from 3.8.0beta2 to 3.8.0.  After
upgrade, IE (I tested 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519) shows
contents like this:

| main menu |         This is the first line.   |
|           |         This is the second line.  |
|           |         This is the third line    |
|           |                                   |

It should be like this:

| main menu | This is the first line.           |
|           | This is the second line.          |
|           | This is the third line.           |

The page looks right in Netscape, Firefox, etc.  The page looked right
in IE before upgrade.

Page source:

What could cause the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,